Here is a really useful collection of resources for Windows 8 developers that have to do with the logistics of getting into the Windows Store. Big thanks to Chris Bowen (@chrisbowen) for making sure this information came across my inbox!
- Opening a developer account: This topic explains the steps to open a Windows Store developer account. Once an account is open, developers can log into their Store Dashboard and start publishing apps.
- About strong authentication: This topic explains how Microsoft Accounts are kept secure by requiring security proofs that use multiple forms of identification.
- Getting started checklists: What developers need to get started.
- Submitting your app describes the technical steps for how to submit an app.
Help with app certification
- Windows 8 app certification requirements: This guiding document includes more details and examples of what’s required to pass certification.
- Avoiding common certification failures: This topic lists common reasons why apps fail certification.
- Resolving certification failures: This article contains an entry for each certification requirement, and lists the current recommendations for resolving common failures.
- Index of UX guidelines
- In-app purchase experience for a customer
- How to support in-app purchases
- Verifying purchases using receipts
- Marketing your app In addition to articles on how to create a great app listing in the Windows Store, you can get Windows Store logos, usage specifications, and other marketing assets.