This weekend is Global Game Jam! If you follow Andrew Parsons’ blog then you’ll know that this year Global Game Jam especially exciting. If not, you can head over to his post or you can read this telling excerpt:
And this year it’s even more exciting for me because Microsoft has sponsored a number of the GGJ sites in the East Coast of the US, and a bunch of us are going to be there. For example, I’m going to be heading over to the Jams at NJIT in Newark, NJ and NYU in downtown Manhattan. And because we love Windows Phone (and secretly I want to encourage as many students to find out how easy it is to develop for the Windows Phone and maybe enter Imagine Cup too), for those specific sites we’re at, we’re going to be coming with actual phones to give away to any teams that want to try their hand at building Windows Phone games on the weekend itself. Cool!
The East Region Audience Team is going to deployed all over the East Coast in the name of game jams and Windows Phones! If you’re going to a site on the list below, give some serious thought to a Windows Phone game. Just in case it didn’t sink in the first time, here’s why: : )
If you create a Windows Phone game your team will receive a Windows Phone!
I’m going to be at the Rockville and Baltimore jams. I’ll see you there!
- Atlanta, GA – SCAD
- Baltimore, MD – University of Maryland, Baltimore Campus (UMBC)
- Burlington, VT – Champlain College
- Charlotte, NC – University of North Carolina, Charlotte (UNC-Charlotte)
- Durham, NC – Joystick Labs (pending)
- Newark, NJ – New Jersey Institute of Technology (NJIT)
- New York, NY – NYU
- Orlando, FL – Full Sail University
- Philadelphia, PA – IGDA Office
- Pittsburgh, PA – Carnegie Mellon
- Rochester, NY – Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT)
- Rockville, MD – Universities at Shady Grove
- Worcester, MA – Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI)